24 December 2010

Happy Holidays!

I am now nestled all snug in my chair gazing at the tree (and its guard) and waiting for Christmas.
IMG_2024.JPG

Why do I feel that I have to wait for my daughter (who is 25) to come home and go to bed before I fill the stockings?

Earlier this evening I worked for a while on a little shrug I want to make for my daughter out of a pretty charcoal and silver metallic knit I picked up in the LA Fashion District. Here it is, with my hyper-conscientious attendant:
IMG_2036.JPG

It's a very slinky, stretchy sweater knit so I haven't made much progress on it, unless you count basic learning about sewing and serging on knits. I gave up on making it a Christmas gift some time ago, now I just hope she likes it or, if it's a wadder, wishes it had worked out.

Meanwhile I consider myself a minor Facebook sensation. Yesterday I suggested that I might wrap Christmas gifts in fabric this year to avoid wasting paper and killing more trees. My daughter thought that was a good enough idea to make it her facebook status (must be hard to come up with news to report when you are home with the parental units for the holidays) and give me credit for the idea. Multiple "likes" and positive comments. However, I stole, I mean, learned the idea from Melissa at Fehr Trade. But I can't find Fehr Trade on facebook, so I'll have to give her credit here. Fabric wrap is virtuous but fabric doesn't crease like paper, so the gifts have a comfy, badly-made bed look to them.
IMG_2037.JPG

Anyway, Happy Holidays to all!

1 comment:

  1. OMG I love that you actually went and wrapped your gifts in fabric! Whereas I just bought the fabric wrapping and stashed it for sewing. ;)

    And you're right - I'm not on Facebook (and I never intend to be!), but thanks very much for the shoutout, though I can't take credit for the idea, either!

    ReplyDelete