Whoopee! Mary of 3 Loved Ones, 2 Cats and a Bird Brain has graciously bestowed upon me the I Am All That! What's It To Ya? award.
This prestigious honor, created by Beangirl, brings with it the responsibility for answering five urgent and important questions:
1) What size shoe do you wear? If you wear a size 7, can I borrow your shoes?
It depends. Which foot do you want to know about? My left foot is size 7 to 7.5 (US women's) while my right foot is 7.5 to 8.5. Lately I've stuck to buying boots in size 8.5 and wearing them with cushioned hiking socks. You can borrow one but I'll need it back by Halloween.
2) 30's or 60's?
60s. 1960s, that is, although I'm also a big fan of Boudicca.
3) Have you ever kissed someone you shouldn't have?
Yes, but not as often as I'd like.
4) Have you ever been poisoned? Was it by the girlfriend of the person you kissed?? That is awesomely "Knot's Landing".
I've never seen "Knot's Landing." I do all the poisoning around here, thank you very much.
5) Who's on your "Celebrity Free Pass" list (top 5)?
1. Richard Armitage (the dreamy British actor and "Spook", not the American Imperialist spook and Tool of Big Oil.)
2. George Clooney
3. Sean Bean
4. John Hannah
5. Robert Downey, Jr.
But my heart will always belong to Paul Newman.
Now it is my very great privilege to pass this award along to:
1. Jane of Lempo Bee
2. Jane at Daisy Donut (and Ted)
3. Wearinbeads at I Want To Wear Beads Every Day
4. Peg at Deconstruct, Alter and Create
5. Psycho Sue at Sew Misunderstood
or 6. Button's and the Boy's Mom at Pendle Stitches.
Meanwhile, what have I been up to? I've decided that as long as I'm (re)learning how to sew I should (re)learn how to knit as well. I went out and spent an absurd amount of money on silk yarn and bamboo needles to make the wrap you can (barely) see in the picture:
And having learned how much yarn can cost, I also set to work liberating the yarn from a dear old shapeless sweater:
Oh, yeah, and somewhere in there I'll finish off the semester!