01 June 2011

Day 1, and D-Day Minus 2

How did it get to be June already? Well, thanks to my relaxed summer schedule, I managed to sally forth in a brand new me-made top this afternoon. Technically, the new top was not necessary to hold up my end of the challenge today, because I woke up in a new pair of me-made jammies, which you do not need to see, made of the same stuff as the cycling/field hockey dress. Here's the top:

IMG 0039

The top is Simplicity 2580 cut down from dress to top. That's a cowl neck folded over there. I relied entirely on Melissa Fehr's instructions for assembling the top (you can see them printed out in the pic) and I'm pretty pleased with it.

IMG 0037

As for D-Day minus 2: I have an appointment for a hair cut and bleach and color at Manic Panic Salon on Friday. What color should I go for (in furtherance of my campaign to embarrass my daughter)? I'm leaning toward purple with lavender and blue highlights.

7 comments:

  1. the draping looks very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the top!!! Go for purple hair!! Hey, you could even have the color match your new top... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That top is beautiful and really flattering! Manic Panic Salon? Sounds exciting - maybe just go with whatever they suggest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a terrific top. Looks very nice on you. Oh, hair color--love, love, love hair color. I am 63 years old, and I have vibrant, dark red hair. At this age, I figure I can do whatever I want.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Re hair color- mine grew back grey after chemo and I decided to do purple highlights. My hair,wanted a change. Do whatever you want.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful blouse and it looks wonderful on you. As for hair color-go red :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yup, I had brown hair for the last 50 years, ready for something different for the next 50. Go for it.

    ReplyDelete